“What Evidence Do I Need for a Car Accident Case?
There are number of different documents that are required to prove that an injury was actually sustained and to verify the cost of treatment and the amount of harm (physical, financial, and psychological) suffered by the victim, as well as determining that the other party was at fault.
These may include:
- Statements from witnesses.
- Police reports.
- Photographs of the accident scene.
- Medical reports.
- Receipts for the expenses you sustained as a result of the collision.
- Proof of lost wages (usually a letter from an employer).
- Daily journal or diary describing the harm resulting from the accident.
Note: In many cases, copies of these documents will be sufficient for presentation to insurance companies. For legal purposes, the originals of many of these documents may be required. Contact our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys to get your Free Consultation!